Saturday, February 23, 2013

Best Friend Love Story


There has been a time in my life where I had to face a challenge and I was able to overcome it. I was able to overcome that obstacle not to long ago. It all started when I was about 7 or 8 years old. My parents wanted to try this thing at church where you get put in a group with other people and you will have to know each other and help each other in obstacles. It is called a community. When you first want to join a community, you will first have what is called a cathequises. I was still too young to understand any of this so I was out in a babysitter that they had. When I was in the babysitter, I did not know anyone. I was that shy little quiet kid. On the first few times that I was at the babysitter, I met this girl. Her name is Natalie. She was the best person I ever met. We started talking more and more. She also had a brother that was also at the babysitter most of the times. He is also a quiet person, and he still is. When my parents joined the community, Natalie parents also joined the same community as my parents which meant that I was going to see Natalie more often... After a couple of years had passed, basically everyone in the babysitter knew one another. We all got along with each other and we played around and everything. I talked with Natalie the most out of everyone in the babysitter. Eventually we became best friends.

After a couple of years, we became so close. We knew many things about each other and such. Her parents decided that they wanted to move back to Argentina now. I was really sad that she was gonna go. I still remember the very few last words that we ever said to each other on the last time that we saw each other, the day right before she was going to leave. We were at a friend's house and we were having a normal conversation. We were sitting next to each other and when her mom said it was time to go, we both looked at each other I said," Well it has been nice knowing you and also for being with me through tough times. I hope to see you again soon :)" She got a bit sad and replied "I will miss you Bryan. We will always email each other ok? I hope to see you again." We both got up and gave each other a big hug. I started to feel sad when she finally left out of the door because I really thought I would never see my best friend no more.

We kept in touch for a long time, I was starting to forget about her and we emailed to each other less and less now. It pasted about 2 years when she told me that she was going to come back to the United States and stay there. At this time, I was mostly happy and some part of me really did not care because, I really forgot how she was so she really did not mean much to me. Plus when I found out, I was in Ecuador for the vacation. I really did not pay much attention. When I came back, and I finally saw her, it was kinda awkward cause we looked so different from how we used to see each other. It took a while but we finally started talking more and more again. Eventually we became best friends again. The bad new though was that we were getting too old for the babysitter. The oldest age that you can be in the babysitter is about 12 years old. I was already 12 and I was going to join a community of my own. I left my best friend alone in the babysitter. I see her less now. I was becoming apart from Natalie now because I did not see her as much now.

We started talking less to each other now since we had other friends. We still had those times where we would see each other at times and there was this on particular day... I fell in love with her this one day. My parent's community had a picnic and we went with them and we were there for most of the day. Natalie and I were just talking and I noticed how much we had in common. I also noticed that she is very cute. During that day, I fell in love with her. I did not want to tell her because I feared that if I told her and she did not feel the same for me, our friendship would be ruined. I just pretended like everything was normal and it worked for most of the time. I noticed that she started to like some other guys when she went into a community as well. When I saw some of the guys in her community, I got jealous cause I thought that one of those guys would start to like Natalie, and she would do the same. I really got jealous and whenever I see Natalie with another guy and she was laughing at one of his jokes, I got so jealous. Natalie noticed that I started to act differently when she is around guys and asked," Are you ok Bryan?" I replied "Yeah. Why wouldn't I not be ok?" She said "Because you act differently when I am around other guys, are you sure you are ok?" I started to blush and I couldn't think of nothing to say back so I walked away. I was too stupid to realize that I just gave it away that I had feelings for her.

This has been going on for years. I was going to be ready to give up and just forget about Natalie entirely. I wanted to give it one more chance. I planned to just wait until we get more mature and then I finally confess my feelings. I never told her. I also found this other girl that I started to like. I wanted to forget about my feelings for Natalie awhile and try to see if I can go out with this other girl. She was very pretty. We became friends and I could not stop thinking about her. I even told Natalie one day and she seemed to act differently whenever I talked her about my new friend. What I did not know of until later was that she was actually jealous. I even came up to her and asked the same question she told me a couple of years ago," Natalie are you ok?" She tried to pretend everything was fine. I really did not pay much attention to it. I finally thought that I got over my feelings for Natalie until she told me that she was going to visit Argentina for the winter break. I noticed that I still liked her cause I got so sad again. When she was about to leave, I was going to tell her how I felt about her but something told me not to say it yet. I followed what it said. We said our goodbyes and we kept in touch. I kept on talking her about my friend and she kept on acting weirdly. I really was about to just give up on Natalie instead since I had my other friend until this one day came. We were chatting and I finally told her my plan, I said "Natalie, there is something I really want to say but I will not tell you until we are older." She replied with," What is it? Tell me now, I want to know." I did not want to tell her but she kept asking and asking ad I finally gave in. I told her this, “Natalie, we have been friends for so long. What I want to say is that, during these times that we knew each other, I started to have feelings for you. I like you Natalie." I was too scared on what she as going to reply so I logged off and I logged back in to check what she would say, surprisingly she replied," haha I knew it for a while, well guess what? I like you to :)" I really never thought that she would like me back. After she came back from Argentina, I went up to her and I settled everything straight. I asked her out and she said yes.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment